zaterdag 27 september 2008

Argentinian beach (English)

Two weekends ago, this guy, Yolan went on holiday! To be more exactly: we went the Argentinean beach. There was a particular reason that it turned out to be so good; for the first time we went with only the children, the parents stayed at home.
So, Friday afternoon my sister Laura and her boyfriend Hernan and me started the trip. It took us double so long as it would be in my country: the journey lasted 4 hours!
Time enough to:
  • talk about what we would do there
  • work a bit on my Spanish (as for me the times in Spanish are really hard to learn)
  • try to listen to my Ipod, but I think this country has something against Belgian Ipod’s, because it didn’t work
  • eat merienda in a famous restaurant (merienda is a sort of tea time, and you eat delicious “facturas”)

We arrived at about 8 ‘o clock at the house of Hernan. That night we prepared the house for the night, went out to a restaurant and went to sleep. At about 3 ‘o clock in the night the others (my brother Martin with his girlfriend Eugenia and my other sister Agustina, with her boyfriend Juani) arrived. They couldn’t leave the house before 11PM.

Saturday was a stunt-day! Badly enough Laura and Hernan couldn’t join us to the beach because Laura had an allergic reaction to dust. I had to sneeze a lot as well, but I wasn’t so bad as my poor sister. But we didn’t want it to ruin our day so we went with a good mood to the beach! It wasn’t that warm but you know me, when I go to the sea, I have to swim at least 1 time. The others couldn’t believe what I planned to do, they stood there covered with warm dresses, watching me. I have to admit, it wasn’t a very long swim because it was really really very cold, it’s still winter here! But of course I was very proud to I did it in spite of the weather and the freezing sea : ).
Then we did some stunts (it warmed me up), watch the pictures some messages below.

Back at the beachhouse we played cards. The game “Chancho va” is a variant on a game I know in Belgium called “Stronten”. I learned them the card game “President” and after that we played TEG. In Belgium we would call it “Risk”. I lost the game so hard because of following reasons:
  • some little stupid differences in the rules
  • bad luck at rolling the dices
  • my tactic moves were not that strong

But we had a lot of fun ‘cause we played till 5 ‘o clock in the morning!
Time to get sleep and to talk about…
Sunday. that was almost of a copy of Saturday. Though there was a difference: the time we woke up, for example (3 ‘o clock in the afternoon!), we filled the day by going to the beach and playing games again and of course we had that long trip back home. We left only at midnight. I didn’t succeed to sleep in the car so I was really exhausted when I arrived back home.
The next day; Monday I skipped school for the very first time. But that’s common here, many of my classmates do it. There is not 1 day that everybody is present in the classroom.
Hasta Luego!

3 opmerkingen:

Anoniem zei

It's getting better and better, dear son
It was nice to hear your voice again over the phone yesterdaynight.
We made it, we fixed it! Hip hip hurray for Skipe.
kiss kiss

Saïdja zei

y la proxima vez en español eh! ;)

buchos mesos de tu hermanita

Anoniem zei

Hey Yolan,

Very nice to read some of your adventures.
Spaans nog zo moeilijk? spijtig.
dan moete maar is naar de mirre bellen.

Ik hoop je eens te horen volgend weekend of zo, tis al lang gelede eh. we zullen eens moeten afspreken .

I miss you menneke en doet da nog goed.

ciao