dinsdag 7 oktober 2008

a normal day in the life of Yolan

Hello everybody

It has already been a month and a half since I arrived here in Argentina. All this time (more than six weeks) in a foreign country made me change some of my habits. Some automatisms in my life now are certainly different from the ones that I have in Belgica. It's also the perfect reason to describe an ordinary day in Argentina. The hours aren’t always correct, because every day is a bit different.
  • 6.30: Alarm clock rings for the first time :( my first reflex is to postpone the awakening-moment for 10 minutes : )
  • 6.50-7.15: I prepare myself for school. Usually I eat cornflakes as breakfast
  • 7.15-7.30: Leaving home for school. My superdad brings me, thank you daddy
  • 7.30-14.00: Schooltime (I will write later about my life on school in an other message)
  • 14.00- approximately 14.30: Trip to home with the bus.
  • 14.30-15.15: Hurray, finally lunch! I’m always hungry!
After lunch there are different things I can do.
The main activities between 3 and 6 PM are:
  • Siesta. There are times that I really need it!
  • Chilling out, watching tv, talking with friends of Belgium, or from here of course.
  • Writing for my blog (as I do now)
  • Meanwhile I am always listening to my iPod music, to remind me of the sexy Belgian music.
18:00-21:00 : Three to four times a week, including Saturdays, I leave for climbing. Climbing is my new hobby. Mostly I go there by bus or by car.

22:00-23:00 : As everybody finished work or school there are enough people to chat with before and during dinnertime: that’s between 22 and 23PM. A heel of a lot later than in Belgium, where we eat at 7PM. We sit at least an hour around the table.

23:00-?? After dinner I feel soooo tired and go to sleep. And as I have television in my own room, I love watching TV before I lay myself in the arms of Morpheus.

Well my dear friends, now you have an impression of an average weekday in the life of Yolan Gielen in Argentina. It isn’t that spectacular, but I like it.

Hasta Luego

PS: I write this in English especially for you, my Argentinean friends and family. You can leave a commentary any time!!!!

Geen opmerkingen: